Wednesday, February 22, 2012

xoxo

For little ol' me, February has always brought joy and love and goodness to the brim. When your birthday and Valentine's and other lovlies happen during this month, you cant help but splash around some banners and hearts to celebrate. Throw some store bought cupcakes in there and you've got a yourself a 29 day long party. 

My mom drove to Michigan in an unexpected whiteout to be with me and my boys on my 29th birthday. We stuffed ourselves with Mexican food at the new {and one of the only} restaurant in our bitty town. She and Dad spoiled me with a brand spankin' new Kindle Fire {love love love!}, a cart full of groceries, and chalkboard paint for a few projects I've been meaning to finish up. It was a sweet gift to have her here. Love you, Mom! 

Josh stole my heart once again by building a mantel for his present to me. We don't have a fireplace, but who says you need one to have a mantel? It's not quite finished yet, but it's already gorgeous. My mind is swimming with decorating ideas for it. Our living room has never ever looked so fancy. 


birthday 5 birthday 8 birthday 7 birthday 2 birthday 6 birthday 4 birthday 1 birthday 9 birthday cupcake_ valentine wreath valentine in the mail si and mama_
********

10 years ago this month, a certain girl and boy started up a little love story. 10 years, y'all. It's been a wild, amazing, incredible journey so far. Cheers to each beautiful day together and all of the ones ahead. Love you, hon! 


josh and rachel kiss_
********

Happy happy February!!
xoxo







8 comments:

  1. First, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

    And second, there is so much I love about this post... but I swooned when I saw what Josh made you. He's a keeper for sure! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!

    Your mom looks like the best kind of wild and I love her 'do!

    29? You're a wee little baby!

    ps - Love that mantel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy, happy birthday! as beautiful as ever, my friend! big brownie points to a sweet hubby & mom.

    i'll be 29 this year, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely!! Happy belated birthday, friend. I'm glad it was full of love and good things. That mantel is beautiful! I can't wait to see how you decorate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh! What a sweet gift from your hubby! Love it.

    You and your mom look like sisters. :) You both look so young and gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy Birthday!! What a wonderful month full of love and family. That last picture is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darn it, here I was thinking you were FINALLY joining us 30-somethings. Nope! Oh well, Happy belated birthday. What a month! That mantle is looking really good. I agree, you and your mom look like sisters! (Glad you liked the post card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy birthday! You guys are so cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails