Tuesday, September 18, 2012

savor this

picnic-3 picnic 2-3 picnic picnic-5 picnic-2 picnic 2-2 picnic-4
There are evenings so ridiculously lovely they lure you with their swoony golden light and perfect temps and light breeze. They beg to be savored and enjoyed and pretty please for a picnic. 

Friday was one of them.

And so we listened. You betcha we did. 

I whipped up egg salad sandwiches and a batch of chocolate chip cookies and served them up on a tray. A lone carrot was thrown onto each plate to round out the menu. Cranberry juice in mason jars? Yes, please. 

I called my people out to the backyard and the three of us stretched out on my favorite quilt. The sun peeked through the oaks as we ate and laughed, our bellies and hearts full. 

It was straight up wonderful. 




picnic 1 picnic 1-3 picnic 1-4 picnic 1-6 picnic 1-2 picnic 1-5
And this face on this kid? There aren't enough words. 

He's a dream boat. And he's all mine.

Savor this week, darling friends. 

xoxo






13 comments:

  1. i love this! what a sweet sweet family you have!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg i wish i coulda joined you! that looks DELICIOUS! Si is such a cutie! the last picture is deff my favorite (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last one is my favorite, too. It is SO Josiah.:)

      Delete
  3. TOTALLY swoony, indeed. :)
    gorgeous family...so completely blessed you are!
    Si's beautiful eyes get me every time.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have the most beautiful posts. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was swooning reading this. And then I got to the series of backlit Si and I almost fell off my chair. I LOVE those! LOVE. We're getting into eating outdoor weather here finally... can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me giggle, CCL! Our backyard gets the best light in the evening - I love it! Enjoy this cooler weather, friend.

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness!! I love this so much. :) I love this beautiful place, that is your blog.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails