Monday, September 24, 2012

when Jules comes to town

I got to hug my mama this weekend.

She made the five hour drive over from Wisconsin on Friday. On her birthday. In the pouring rain. To see us.

She's a keeper. 

Over the 36 hours she is here, we eat at three different restaurants. Yes, three! We cheers many-a-times to her special day and to Josiah. Because three (3!) years ago he arrived home from Korea on her birthday. Best gift of all time, she says, was seeing his face and holding him for the first time in the Chicago airport that day. Don't you argue with a proud Grandma. 

She and Josiah play games and chase and he soaks up the attention and fun. We all laugh and catch up and make plans. Ice cream and apples with caramel dip are enjoyed. We make a stop at the Home Depot. Josiah hits golf balls across the backyard. 

Simple, delightful fun. 

Mom sleeps in the bedroom with the pink carpet and wears slippers around my house. 

I walked past her room today and there they were, those slippers, tucked underneath the bed. In true Julie fashion, she left them behind. She's forever forgetting things here - a cardigan, bracelets, her eye glasses. I'm starting to think it's a ploy to get us to visit more. You're not fooling me, Mom. ;)

I have a wonderful, selfless, beautiful gem of a mother. I know this. It is never lost on me. Ever. 

Thank you for loving us so fiercely, Mom. We adore you. 
Miss you already.




slippers mama siah gma

*Joining in with the always lovely Flower Patch Farmgirl for Money Shot Monday








8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love this. Made me think of my own mom (who I get to see briefly this week - she lives 7 hours away) and the slippers she always wears.
    Moms are the best, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules - you have been blessed with a gem. But then you know that already. Sounds like a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm a bit teary after reading this! i never realized her birthday was josiah's family day! what a wonderful gift. that right there makes me tear up. so glad your visit was so wonderful and full of fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet. I love that her birthday is the day Josiah came home. It sounds like you are truly blessed with a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sniff sniff! Love this. I miss my Mama now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwwhhhh! moms are the BEST!
    that pic of you all is wonderful.
    happy birthday, jules, and happy coming home day, si! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you SO much for popping by and introducing yourself! I just perused through your blog and fell in love with it! your family is so adorable and i am excited to read along!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails