Tuesday, October 2, 2012

31 Days to Shine :: Day 2, an anthem

It was back in May that the idea of writing this series wiggled it's way into my heart and parked itself there. I sat with a notebook and my Bible on our breezy back porch and within minutes had penned a long list of haphazard thoughts and ideas for posts. 

Then I tucked the notebook into my desk drawer and tried to ignore that list. Oh, yes I did. 

Talk about a hide it under a bushel moment. 

Because, honestly, up until yesterday morning I wasn't completely sure if I'd follow through. My own insecurity whispered that I was foolish to think I could do this topic justice. It told me I wasn't good enough or shiny enough or brave enough. 

The truth, though, is that none of this is about me. It's about Jesus and listening to what He's called us to do. 

So here I am. Thankful I didn't listen to those lies and that fear didn't hold me back. Because there is much to share and celebrate. There's lots of growing and shining to be done over the next 30 days and beyond. I'm excited and all a flutter about it. 

And now an anthem.

Because this month is begging for a soundtrack. Surely it deserves one. 

I've been in love with this song for months. It's truth-filled lyrics and catchy tune are all kinds of wonderful. 

repeat. repeat. repeat. 







Shine on, dear ones.


*To read the rest of the series, go here





4 comments:

  1. One of my favorite songs, too. I'm so looking forward to growing right along with you. I need to, I've got to. So glad you didn't listen to the fear. This girl right here needs to learn how to shine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this series topic and I'm looking forward to following along :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. so good. i am all kinds of happy that you are doing this. GO YOU! God has great things in store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been following your blog and it's such an inspiration to me. Thank you for spreading joy and positivity in this harsh world. We are waiting for our referral for our first child from South Korea with heavy hearts. Thank you for the inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails