Wednesday, October 24, 2012

31 Days to Shine :: Day 24, whatever it takes

leaves1
I'm at my spot on the couch wrapped in a cozy robe and fleecy pink snowflake pants. My eyes are tired. I'm yawning between nibbles of kettle corn. Nashville is on and I can't help but swoon over Connie Britton's hair. It always looks ridiculously good. 

I should've written a 31 day series on all the reasons I adore her. 

There's always next year! 

I gotta be honest. 

Writing a post with coherent thoughts may not happen tonight. Maybe you guessed that already? I haven't a clue where I'm headed with this, but let's go with it. 

I'm 24 days into this series and it's a possibility that I lost you on Day 14 or 8 or 2 and that's ok. But I keep on keeping on because it feels right to chat about Jesus and His love and our place in all of this. Every day I sit down to write and there is always something more to say. I may not say it perfectly or with flare or oodles of wit, but the words come none the less. Maybe you're wondering if I'm building up to some big huge shining climax. I'll tell you now that I'm not just so you're not disappointed when we hit Day 32. I simply type out what's on my heart each day. I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm here to encourage you and remind me. 

Earlier today The Preacher Man was telling me that his sermon for this weekend focuses on Paul doing whatever it took to share the gospel. Off the top of my head, I can't tell you the verse Josh is preaching on but I do know that it got me thinking. 

Thinking about if I do whatever it takes to share Jesus. And that the answer is no. And that I'm wishing it was yes. And that I'm praying about what whatever it takes looks like in my life. 

And that's a lot for my tired mind to chew on so I'm calling it a night.

Thanks for sticking with me, loves. 

xoxo


*To read the rest of the series, go here





1 comment:

  1. i've been kinda convicted lately from our pastor talking about how sharing the gospel being THE main priority in our lives. no looking back while plowing, but having a singular focus on doing whatever it takes to share the gospel. no compromise. no excuses. NOTHING is more precious and important. well, i know i fail. it hasn't been my main priority and i pray that it can be! great thoughts!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails