Thursday, January 31, 2013

dear january

jancollage2
Dear January, 

You had me at day one. With the calendar flip, you wooed me with your fresh starts and best is yet to be promises. How did you know that blank slates make my heart sing?! That being said, you wore me out. My legs and arms and feet are sore because of your new workout routine. But I like it! You filled us all up with happy moments. A road trip to GA. Tennis lessons. Watercolors. Bath time giggles. Snowballs. Bible stories. Light saber battles. You surely kept us on our toes with your hodge-podge weather bag. It was as if you couldn't decide between rain and blizzards, sunsets and fog, 10 degrees or 59, so you brought it all. As I cuddled up with my heated blanket on your coldest dreary days, I was swept away to yesteryear with Anne and Felicity. Two delightfully wonderful bosom friends I hadn't spent time with in a years, but so needed to revisit again. For the record, Gilbert is a given, but I'm forever torn between Ben and Noel. And just when I thought we might never have a date again, you handed one to the hubs and I. It was a highlight indeed! There were no perfect days, January, but His fingerprints were on each and every one. The big things and the little details and everything in between, He was there. I'm so thankful. Truly. 

Till we meet again, 
Rach


*A handful of blogging gals I read always write letters at the end of each month. I think it's the perfect way to remember, reflect, and wrap things up! So this is the start of me tying up each month with a bow in 2013.*




16 comments:

  1. Ahhh!! I can't wait to read Anne of Green Gables to my daughter!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eeee!! I love this. So thrilled for you.

      Delete
  2. xoxo
    we must be kindred spirits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, beautiful post. i'm working on a similar post and I think I might steal the whole January collage of photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gil is #1 forever.

    But yah, COMPLETELY torn on Ben and Noel. Though definitely leaning toward Ben. I loved Felicity. I also like to mimic their whispery voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forever and ever. Amen.

      Ben definitely has a slim lead. And the hushed voices! Oh my heavens, that makes me laugh. SO TRUE.

      Delete
  5. Loved this! So much in fact that I copied the idea. It's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute idea! I may have to try it myself. I probably won't post it though, but at least I'd have it for our scrapbook!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this. And... just like that, you made me miss Instagram.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am so not a fan of Jan. even though my daughter's BDay is the 15th. Something about that month, i know it's because of show choir too, so we are crazy busy. can't really have time to come down from xmas ya know.

    it's gina from IG, I didn't realize you had a blog, I am so glad I found you!!!

    Here's to FEB !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails