Friday, March 29, 2013

broken

Palm branches sit on our table all week, humble offerings laid down for the King who rode on a donkey. Just five days later they are withering and pathetic. I reach to throw them away, but decide to leave them there. 

Those brittle palms remind me that I am unquestionably, scarily broken, too. My heart and my flesh are dead in sin. 

We are all in the same condition. But. 

Today our broken world meets it's Savior. 

The God Man who walked and breathed and lived. Perfectly. Today he hangs on the tree and endures the wrath of His own Father, in my place. In our place. In His death, Jesus breathes life into us. Because of Love. 

It's all too much to take in. This Sacrifice, this Love overwhelms me. I offer up the only things I can lay down. 

A repentant heart. A whisper of thanks. A song of praise. 

A message of Hope to the broken. 

By His wounds, we are healed. 



good friday 1-3 good friday 1-7 good friday 1 good friday 1-4 good friday 1-8 good friday_-5 good friday_-6 good friday 1-5 good friday 1-2 good friday 1-6
*Lent calendar from Naptime Diaries
*Joining in today with Carina at Lovely Little Whimsy. As well as linking with Lisa-Jo's Five-Minute Friday for five little minutes of unedited, uninterrupted writing. 



Five Minute Friday


a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Happy Easter to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every year I am amazed by God's love for us. You captured this beautifully with your images above. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankful for the beauty in all of us and the broken that is healed. You displayed that so well with the pictures. Visiting from FMF.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful words, amazing hope! And um, I love how you brought the sentiment into your swoony home. Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautifully written!

    i love all the pictures you hung on the banner. do you keep it up all year or just for easter?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the pictures - and the banner. What great reminders!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails