Saturday, March 2, 2013

let the record show

home-2
My poor little blog. 

Let the record show that I only popped in on this space of mine once in February. One time! 

Sheesh, Rach. And you call yourself a blogger. 

Except that I don't. 

So I give myself an F for blogging. I'm over it, though, because I'm also handing out some As and Bs for other things. Like candle lighting for instance. I get an A for that! I light up that pretty Target candle on a daily basis. The kitchen smells divine. 

Let's see. What else. 

Oh, falling asleep on the couch. Another A! You guys. I have not been able to keep my usual 11:30/12:00 hit-the-sack bedtime over the last few weeks. These green eyes get so darn heavy and I give in to their weight without much of a fight. I totally blame turning 30. The Preacher Man, who is normally the early-to-bed bird, is so disappointed in me. My sleepiness means he either watches our Netflix shows with me snoozin' on the couch or he can't watch them at all because I'm out cold in our bed. This here is the main reason my blog was so neglected. Sleep trumped everything. 

Laundry gets an average C. I'm not 13 loads behind but I'm certainly not throwing in a load each day. This is, however, an improvement from last month so I'm patting myself on the back. 

Since Lent began, I've been in clean out mode. I tend to be an all or nothing girl when it comes to house projects (i.e. spending two days going at clutter like a mad women, then collapsing and giving up by the third day). I found myself paralyzed and overwhelmed with every stinkin' drawer and cupboard and closet that needed attention. I tried to ignore it all. 

Enter this 40 bags in 40 days challenge! It gave me some new found inspiration. With that easy peasy idea as a guide, I'm slowly taking down clutter and excess like a bossI pick a spot - one closet, cabinet, bin, etc - to tackle and when it's cleared out and organized, I'm done for the day. And I've accomplished something. Even if just one drawer! It's been a few weeks and I can already breathe easier. I want our home to be a relaxing, organized, clean, beautiful space for us. This doable project is helping me achieve that dream for my family. I did miss a few days here and there and I've hit mostly easy spots so far, so I give myself a solid B. I'll take it!

I have so many other things to chat about but it's inching towards 8:30 in the PM and we all know what that means. My bedtime is near. So go I must!

This girl will be back, though. Monday! With my Dear February post. 

In the meantime, feel free to share what you get an A (or C or F) on this week. I must know! 




9 comments:

  1. well, i've been getting an A at reading books, watching movies and sleeping!

    glad you popped in! life is more important than the blog:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All lovely things to score high marks on!

      Agree. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh man... I get an A for freaking out and a C for getting work done last week. I'm ready for a new week to give me an opportunity to get back in the game!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, I get an A for blogging. ;) And I also get an A for laundry. I've recently returned to my all-the-laundry-in-one-day system, and it makes me so happy to have it done once a week. It makes me feel like I accomplished something instead of doing a load (or two) a day and never having it done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it! You are so funny!
    :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. But I'm so glad you havent gotten discouraged with the blogging thing. AND, those of us who have been around long enough to remember the PJ (pre-Josiah) days, can attest to the fact that you have A++ blogger in you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails