Monday, April 29, 2013

monday morning chat

Our days have been breezing along, leaving me wondering yet again where time has gone. I feel it's only appropriate to type out a few thoughts and happenings. This post's purpose it to get some of that out of my cluttered mind and onto the page....

Starting with my thyroid. Perhaps you remember back in March when I shared that my night-owl-ness had been kicked to the curb for my need for sleep? I was pathetically tired. I felt off. And then my neck began to tighten and swell one afternoon in the produce section of Meijer. Has that ever happened to you? No? Well, here's a tip. If it does, please don't feel like you have to tough it out. It's not going to just go away on it's own. Even if you wait, say, 4 days. Needless to say I finally went into the doctor and it's been confirmed that my thyroid is all wiggety whack. Which did not come as a huge surprise to me since this is a condition I've inherited from my mama, gran, and great-grandma. Good news, though! A tiny peach pill each morning is helping to get everything back on track. 

I have a new celebrity crush. It started with a borderline cheesy but definitely wonderful made for TV movie. Remember Sunday had me at Rory Gilmore. She is so lovely! But then who was the cutie-pie actor playing her love interest? Thanks to the internets, I now know. Zachary Levi. A delightful mix of Jim Halpert and Crosby Braverman, he's all charm and quirk and smarts. Y'all, he is Flynn Rider. He loves Jesus. This quote from Relevant Magazine sealed the deal for me ::

"My job on my set, I believe, is to first just love people and gain that trust with people where they know that I really do love them and care about their well-being, so that when they are running into problems, they will hopefully, at some point, come to me and ask me, 'What is your peace all about? What is your comfort all about? Where do you get your love? Where do you get your talents?' And I can turn to them and say without blinking, 'Jesus Christ.'"

Bam. 

Dear Zach. I may be late to the party, but I'm a fan.

Speaking of television. We are perhaps the last people to have discovered the happiness that is Duck Dynasty. It all began one night when my throat was swelled up and I couldn't sleep. I giggled and snorted my way through a pair of episodes while my boys snored on. You could say all three of us are hooked considering we've watched 40+ installments in a ridiculously short amount of time. We're crazy like that. 

Last night Josh and I had a rare night out! We scarfed down burgers and fries at a little joint on a local college campus. Between bites we asked each other questions like how old do these young-ins thinks we are? Do they think we're old? *Are* we old? Meanwhile Josh is wearing a suit and my bangs are doing a poor job of covering my forehead wrinkles. Then we got into our swanky mini van, laughed hysterically at ourselves and drove off to the theater  The highlight of the evening was seeing Wicked the musical! Friends from church treated us and I loved every single bit of it. We saw it in Chicago 7 years ago but watching it again was just as dreamy and entertaining. 

Spring! She has made her entrance and she looks mighty fine today. I gasped and clapped when I looked at the weather report for the coming week. Sun! Warmth! I'm giddy. Who isn't?!

How about some Easter photos?!!! Why not. 


easter1 easter-9 easterday easter-14 easter-6 easterday-2 easter-12 easter-11 easter-15 easter-3 easter-5 easter-16 easter-8 easter-13 easter easter-4

Confession. I started writing this post at breakfast and then life happened and now we're closing in on five in the pm. It's been a good day. The sun is shining. Laundry is spinning. This song is playing. The lawn mower is humming. Dinner is simmering.

Let's make it a happy week, dears! 



miscellany monday at lowercase letters

6 comments:

  1. loved this post!

    so sorry about your thyroid but glad it's back on track with that pill!

    and yay that zach(and hence flynn) love jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Easter pics!! What a lovely family!! Glad you figured out your scary neck swelling issue!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts of yours! It makes me feel like I am sitting at your kitchen table with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I just really really love you. Hope that dinner was delish and that today is proving to be just as good. I'm sorry about your thyroid... I can relate.... My dad died of a rare thyroid cancer and I have to be tested each year for it. I just want to beg my doctor to take it out! Darn thyroids. Hope the meds help a ton! Precious pictures. Xoxo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your posts. I am sorry to hear about your health issues but glad you are back on the mend. And those plates that little chick is sitting on...they make me happy.
    Your Easter pics are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The people from Duck Dynasty live 30 minutes from me! But I've never seen a show, since we canceled our cable a few months ago, lol. I'm really excited that everyone around the country loves them, though!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails