Tuesday, October 1, 2013

begin again


reflection_
Let's pretend for a minute that I actually write on this little blog of mine.

You can bet I'd write about Josiah's first few weeks of school and all of his adorable four-year-old quirks and sweetness. I'd share oodles of house projects we've been working on over the last few months. You know photos would be posted from our recent trips and adventures. I'd fill you in on how I'm feeling, what I'm loving, who I'm admiring, where I've been and hope to be. I definitely would follow through and not drop the ball on things I had previously promised to chat about. 

I have a list of reasons why it's been crickety quiet around here, but they aren't important or all that interesting.  

What matters is that when I think of this little corner of the internets, I miss it. So much. I don't scrapbook or journal so this is my space to share and record all the things I want to remember and keep alive. This is where I get my chat on. This spot is where family and friends can come to get glimpses into our days and hear my rambling thoughts. I want for Josiah to be able to come here when he's older to read and laugh and know me and my heart more. To see himself, his childhood, his journey through the eyes of his mama. 

My fingers have been itching to write and my head is plump full of things to share. So I'm going to write. It's time to set all the thoughts and memories and rambles here where they belong. I may even get all crazy and post things from way back. And I mean, way back. Because it's my blog and I'll talk about year-old-things if I want to! I set the rules here and I'm going to follow them. Or chuck 'em across the backyard. 

Last October, I wrote a 31 day series on letting our light shine. It was fun and challenging and wonderful. I'm not going to promise myself that I'll write every day this month, but I am inspired to come to this place a whole lot more and share on a regular basis. Starting today. 

I'm flat out giddy about a new start. 

I hope you'll come alongside me as I dive back in. 

It's time to begin again. 



15 comments:

  1. hey friend! i'm one of your newest followers (first on IG now here). can't wait to read more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm ready Rachel! Bring it on

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rachel, I've been away for far too long myself!! Glad to find you again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suz! It made me smile to see your note. So happy to connect with you again!

      Delete
  4. welcome friend. I think IG is eating our blogs a bit, but blogging is so much more intimate. I want to be more intentional here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, IG definitely has stolen a lot of my blog's thunder. Cheers to getting it back! xoxo

      Delete
  5. "Poor old Michael Finnegan, begin again..."

    *Giggle*

    Sorry! I couldn't help myself! You're title made me think of a line to a song we used to sing in elementary school. I don't remember the rest of it though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Right there with you. Can't wait to hear what you have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C! It's so nice to get back into the swing of things.

      Delete
  7. Been missing your posts! Glad you're back. I've been in the place lately where I far too often over-analyze everything I think about writing. Finally I just threw my hands in the air and decided that I'm going to write what I want to write. If people want to read, fantastic. If not, I'll have a darn good memoir one day. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails